Convenient chicken calmly cooked
- Preptime: 30 min
- Cooktime: 4 hrs
- Servings: 6?
- 2 - 3 pounds chicken boneless, skinless, chicken thigh
- ½ pound bacon, ½ inch pieces
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 8 garlic cloves, crushed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ¼ cup red wine
- ½ large red onion, sliced thin
- 1 bell pepper, thinly slices
- 8 ounces roasted red peppers, drained
- a can of diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Fry the bacon until all the fat is rendered
- Put the bacon in the slow cooker while leaving the fat behind
- Sauté the mushrooms in the bacon fat until all the liquid is released, and they start to brown.
- Mix in tomato paste and garlic. Pour in wine bring to a bubble. Scrape the fond off the bottom of the pan. Transfer mixture to slow cooker.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the slow cooker. Season with salt and a generous amount of black pepper. Let cook on low for 4 hours.
Macros (Per serving)
- Calories: 646
- Carbs: 13.6g
- Fat: 27.3g
- Protein: 77.7g