Chicken in a savory gravy.
- Preptime: 10 min
- Cooktime: 25 min
- Servings: 4
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- ¾ cup Marsala wine
- ½ cup Chicken stock
- ¼ cup Heavy cream
- All purpose flour
- Olive oil
- Unsalted butter
- Create 4 thin cutlets
- Season chicken, coat with flour
- Heat 1/4 cup olive oil over medium-high until shimmering.
Cook chicken until browned on both sides, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
Let chicken drain.
- Reduce heat to medium, add 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp of butter
- Add mushrooms, season with salt and pepper
- Add garlic, stirring for 1 minute
- Add flour, stir until toasted roughly 1 minute
- Add marsala, release browned bits from bottom of pan.
Add chicken stock.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; simmuer until thick. About 10 minutes
- Stir in cream, return chicken, cook until warmed.