- 2 cups diced peeled potatoes (about 1 big russet)
- 1¾ cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup butter cubed
- ⅔ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup all purpose flour (or ½ cup corn starch)
- 1¾ tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ¾ tsp black pepper
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 1½ cup whole milk
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen carrots
- 4 sheets refrigerated pie crust
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- In a large saucepan cover potatoes and carrots with water, bring to a boil, cook until tender-crisp (8 - 10 minutes). Drain.
- In a large skillet heat butter over medium high heat. Add onion, cook until tender.
- Stir in flour and seasoning until blended. Gradually stir in broth and milk
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook until thickened.
- Stir in rest of ingredients.
- Roll out pie crust, trim even, add mixture, place crust over filling, flute and trim, cut slits in pie.
- Bake 35 - 45 min or until golden brown. Let sit 15 minutes before cutting.
These pies can be frozen. Cover with plastic wrap then aluminum foil, then freeze. To cook up from frozen remove from freezer 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 425°F bake 30 minutes, reduce to 350°F bake another 70-80 minutes until golden brown, internal temp of 165°F.